iPhone 3GS Syncing Problem- Please Help!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just got a new iPhone because my old one was having issues. Apple took my old phone and exchanged it for a new one. I have had every iPhone since the 1st gen, and whenever I got a new one, it would pretty much be a replica of my old phone after syncing (texts, notes, contacts, etc.) This one however, is giving me problems. My camera roll syncs, my apps sync, my songs sync, but nothing else. I don't have any contacts, all my texts are gone, and all my notes are gone. I am at a loss of what to do... I know the must be somewhere on my computer as I had restored my phone before. I called apple support and they basically told me to just keep trying different backups, but most of my backups are from 2008 and my latest backups are giving me this problem.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    First of all, what OS are you using? Windows? Mac OS X?

Contacts: Do you have contacts in your Address Book/Outlook? If so, double check that you have the option of syncing Contacts checked in iTunes.

Notes: Notes will sync from Mail (if you are using OS X), not sure if you are using Windows. Just like Contacts, make sure you have the option of syncing Notes checked in iTunes.

Texts: Text messages don't sync. You can restore them from a backup if the backup has them.