The latest in airport security measures: shoe searches?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Seeing now where everyone is made to run their Buster Brown's through the airport X-ray machine, after that idiot was caught trying to ignite a Nike bomb on that flight from Paris the other day.

Now here's where it gets weird: are we always going to be REACTING to the latest thing? Always a step or two BEHIND the wingnut d'jour?

Who would've ever thought about a shoe bomb? And now that someone HAS, we're all standing there unbuckling, untying, etc. to undergo the latest security checks.

I'm almost afraid to ask: but what is honestly going to happen when some ding-dong smuggles in a hand grenade in her panties?

I'm not being tacky, but how far are we from having to pull down our pants or lift our shirts up?

Any terrorist or crackpot with half a brain is probably NOT going to attempt the famous "bomb in a shoe" trick again, so it stands to reason that the next incident might involve C-4 in a bra or in some guy's Fruit of the Looms.

THEN what?

I'm never going to fly again. I don't care WHAT the President says. He doesn't have to stand there in Terminal A with his pants folded across his arm while $6 "security experts" probe his nuts with a nightstick, looking for dynamite.

We just seem to be running behind. Something bad happens, then we respond to IT and the circumstances surrounding it. Meanwhile, while we're all taking our shoes off at the metal detector and focusing on THAT, in walks the latest clown with an explosive in his belt, his in underwear, under his hat, etc.

:confused:

I'm taking the damn train...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Seriously, expect plastic explosives to be packed up a person's anus soon. I'm not joking. No way to tell unless they do random cavity searches at these airports, or they get better equipment, whichever comes first.

Talk about lighting your farts! OK, now I'm not joking.

PS: the dumb part on the would-be bomber's part was to do this in his seat instead of going to the bathroom. No one might have ever known.

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: BuonRotto ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 2
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>Seriously, expect plastic explosives to be packed up a person's anus soon. I'm not joking. No way to tell unless they do random cavity searches at these airports, or they get better equipment, whichever comes first.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Okay, then...I am SO never flying again. EVER.

That's just how I need to die...sitting beside someone with a bomb in his butt. How lame is that?

"Dude, cut it out! I swear, if you fart ONE MORE TIME, I'm gon..." BOOOOOOM!!!