2 questions from a newbie

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I purchased my iMac with in the time window to be eligible for the $10 upgrade to snow leopard. Will I be able to walk into a Best Buy where I purchased my computer and get it for $10?

I am utilizing time machine with an outboard external hard drive. I assume I will be able to save my current set up and go back to it if I find snow leopard does not work with some of my applications such as Mac speech. Do I have to go to any additional steps to ensure this?

Does anybody here have any idea when we will see Apple Final Cut Express 5?

thanks in advance for your consideration.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post

I purchased my iMac with in the time window to be eligible for the $10 upgrade to snow leopard. Will I be able to walk into a Best Buy where I purchased my computer and get it for $10?

Ask Best Buy.

I'll bet they have a phone number.

Quote:

I am utilizing time machine with an outboard external hard drive. I assume I will be able to save my current set up and go back to it if I find snow leopard does not work with some of my applications such as Mac speech. Do I have to go to any additional steps to ensure this?

With Leopard? Yes. Done it a couple times.

With SL I'm not sure, as I'm waiting for OSX.6.2 before I'll install it. But I guess it'll work exactly the same way.

Quote:

Does anybody here have any idea when we will see Apple Final Cut Express 5?

Dunno.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post

No you cannot. Follow the instructions here