A couple of iTunes questions

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am using iTUNES 9, I am trying to unlock the Parental Control. Trouble is I have forgotton the password, what can I do, as I need to unlock.

Please help.

Thankyou in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I have got a pc upstairs and a laptop that is normally downstairs.

I have been on both and in Sharing I have ticked Look For Shared Libraries, Share my Library On My Local Network and Share Entire Library.

Also in Parental Controls I have NOT ticked Disable Shared Libraries.

I have also turned ON Home Sharing.

My problem is that the upstairs pc can see and play the music on the laptop downstairs.........but the laptop downstairs cannot even see the the upstairs shared library.

I know that they can communicate with each other because I have a Transfer Folder on the network that both pc and laptop can drop and edit files etc.

Please any help would be great.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steq184 View Post

I am using iTUNES 9, I am trying to unlock the Parental Control. Trouble is I have forgotton the password, what can I do, as I need to unlock.

Oh you "forgot" the parental control password huh? You're not a kid trying to circumvent the parental controls?

I guess you could try deleting the iTunes preferences.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Oh you "forgot" the parental control password huh? You're not a kid trying to circumvent the parental controls?

I guess you could try deleting the iTunes preferences.

I've have managed to find the answer thanks as usual to browsing the internet, anyway the answer is that the Parental Control password changes whenever you change the password when you unlock your laptop to the same password.

Thanks anyway for trying to help me.

Regards