Sharing Libraries - Why Not Ripped Videos Tho?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I finally set up sharing my iMac's iTunes (my main and only iTunes library) with my PC. The PC will play both ripped and purchases music, and purchased video, but it will NOT play ripped video.

This is really what I want to use it for. Is there anyway to view ripped video on another iTunes system, such as my PC?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post

I finally set up sharing my iMac's iTunes (my main and only iTunes library) with my PC. The PC will play both ripped and purchases music, and purchased video, but it will NOT play ripped video.

This is really what I want to use it for. Is there anyway to view ripped video on another iTunes system, such as my PC?

I think that I have it figured out. Let's say that I own a dvd and rip it. It will play fine on my iTunes but not over my shared account to another pc of mine. To make it work, I just downloaded a program called Lostify and run it on the file. It does something with the tagging, but it seems to work just fine. I can now share from one pc/mac to another.

Now, if I have an AVI file, I first need to run it thru iSquint, then thru Lostify and that seems to work.

Of course, the resulting file(s) in both situations will need to be drug into your iTunes library.