Computer refuses to install iTunes..Help!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am running 64bit Vista home Premium. I HAD iTunes running at 1 time, but somehow the CD burning software became missing, and I did a re-install. It worked, but same problem occured. I attempted to do a manual registry fix, and really screwed things up! I cannot install iTunes anymore-keep getting message saying it cannot locate install software, and shortcut on desktop sez cannot find software. I dumped all files i could find to do clean install, but somehow, my manual registry mischief screwed thing up. Not sure what I did, and previous restore points wont fix it. HELLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want my iTunes!!! Apple really sucks at getting someone to help, and this is after I spent cash on these folks!!!wazzup?

Can someone provide me with a link, or website offering remote assistance to install my iTunes? Someone to go in and fix my computer and install it for me? I paid good bucks for the music, and Apple offers me no help with this problem.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Welcome to the pain that is the Windows Registry. The single most craptacular thing in the history of computer science.

It sounds like you've hosed Windows and the only solution is to reinstall it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Try fixing your registry with http://ccleaner.com and see if the problem gets fixed.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edeech View Post

Apple really sucks at getting someone to help, and this is after I spent cash on these folks!!!wazzup?

Yeah, I had the same problem where Apple wouldn't fix the problem I was having with Windows. I don't get it? Why can't Apple fix Windows registry problems??