Firefox Ignores Scroll Wheel in Snow Leopard

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Installed Snow Leopard on Friday, and I'm only having one problem: Firefox is ignoring the scroll wheel on my Logitech LX3 Optical Mouse. The OS and all other apps seem to be fine. I followed a tip on tuaw.com to reinstall the Logitech Control Center, but it didn't fix the problem. I plugged in my Mighty Mouse, but it won't scroll either. I can scroll inside a textarea, but not the main Firefox window. Scrolling worked fine before the Snow Leopard upgrade.

MacOS X 10.6.1 | Firefox 3.5.3

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Normally, the up and down arrows on the keyboard can be used to scroll. I just realized that this isn't working either. I even started Firefox in Safe Mode with no luck.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    I've seen this problem posted elsewhere. I don't think that user has found a resolution yet. If I run across it again, I'll provide you with a link, as long as I remember where this thread is(!). I suppose you've tried to adjust the scrolling speed also.(?)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Yeah, I messed with the mouse settings in System Preferences. I also tossed the Mozilla plist files in/Users/username/Library/Preferences and removed the /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Firefox directory. I also ran a utility to clean the user and system caches. So far, the only thing that's fixed the problem was to create a new user and log in as the new user. Not really a solution. Very frustrating.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    Yes, that really is a solution. That indicates that something is corrupt in the other user account. Since you've tried a bunch of things and none of them worked, it's not likely you can fix that account. You need to get rid of it. But first, create a new one with Administrator privileges. When you delete the other one, it asks if you want to save things, like your files(!) and you tell it where to put them. Read about Accounts in Mac Help. That should give you all you need to know to make this switch.

Mr. H, see; another one.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Thanks Gregg!