Handsfree Bluetooth Voice Dialing

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Does anyone know of a truly handsfree Bluetooth solution for voice dialing on the iPhone 3G? Because of the recent law in Ontario, I need to find a solution that will allow me to make calls without having to unlock the phone, launch the app and press/hold a button.

I have tried a few, prior to the law, and found Say Who worked quite well. But, using it would be in violation of the new law, as it requires you to press and hold a button on the screen while saying the name. The law stipulates that a handsfree device can only require the user to press and release and single button to connect and press and release a button to end a call. It also requires the phone to me unlocked and the app launched, which again is too many steps for the new law. Further, it can only use the iPhone's mic and not the mic on the BT earpiece to initiate the call, so the phone has to be pretty close. The ability to use the BT device's mic would be best. The developer of Say Who says that this is a limitation that Apple has imposed.

On prior sony ericsson phones I have owned, it was simply a matter of pressing a button on the ear piece or car stereo (or whatever bluetooth device) and then saying the name. I am looking for something for the iPhone that requires as few steps and use of hands.

With the native voice dialing on the 3GS, are there any devices/apps that allow full integration with a BT device for voice dialing?