burning dvd's using an external burner

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a macbook with the combo driver and now have decided I want to copy some non-copywrited dvd's. Can this be done if I get an external dvd burner? If yes, do I need some additional software? I'm not very computer savvy, so specific answers would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    easy peesy

i bought one from amazon, make sure it has mac drivers, i have a firewire, usb combo drive

load the software, i also use toast

when you burn it gives a pull down menu of internal , external drive

choose the source, choose the target drive bingo

when my imac g3 slot drive dragged a bit, i use the drive for my g3, then if i want to burn/ copy i use my macbook as the source and the external as the target because its faster

i use toast as the go between

but i think you can drag data to the external and copy most come with this software

try amazon, or otherworld computer

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/optic...s/superdrives/

it was lightscribe compatible ----not worth it, the images on the disc took FOREVER to burn and were faint.

easy peesy
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

easy peesy

i bought one from amazon, make sure it has mac drivers, i have a firewire, usb combo drive

load the software, i also use toast

when you burn it gives a pull down menu of internal , external drive

choose the source, choose the target drive bingo

when my imac g3 slot drive dragged a bit, i use the drive for my g3, then if i want to burn/ copy i use my macbook as the source and the external as the target because its faster

i use toast as the go between

but i think you can drag data to the external and copy most come with this software

try amazon, or otherworld computer

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/optic...s/superdrives/

it was lightscribe compatible ----not worth it, the images on the disc took FOREVER to burn and were faint.

easy peesy

Thanks, easy peesy, for your quick and thorough reply. I'll give it a try.