Snow Lepoard and a USB ext fax modem

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have been performing my due diligence and am ready to buy a Mac Pro, and an iMac. I have configured the above and located the software that I want to use. The only stumbling block remaining before placing an order is: (1) Obtaining an ext USB dialup modem, either Apple or another brand and (2) the required software. I have noticed that some web sites state that Apple is discontinuing their modem. A Zoom 3095 has been suggested. As to software, Pagesender and FaxstfPro has been also suggested.

The prime requirement is that the fax modem/software does not capture or lockup the phone line thus preventing a voice call, in other words,it can discriminate between a voice or data call- similar to what WinFaxPro does for Microsoft PCs. Is this possible? I would appreciate a recommendation in view of the above. I do not want to buy a AIO fax,scan,copier.

Thank you for any help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member
    Wouldn't a stand alone FAX machine be easier?

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0209051
  • Reply 2 of 3
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    I would go with a cloud solution for faxing. Then buy an all-in-one printer
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WPONTIUS View Post

I have been performing my due diligence and am ready to buy a Mac Pro, and an iMac. I have configured the above and located the software that I want to use. The only stumbling block remaining before placing an order is: (1) Obtaining an ext USB dialup modem, either Apple or another brand and (2) the required software. I have noticed that some web sites state that Apple is discontinuing their modem. A Zoom 3095 has been suggested. As to software, Pagesender and FaxstfPro has been also suggested.

The prime requirement is that the fax modem/software does not capture or lockup the phone line thus preventing a voice call, in other words,it can discriminate between a voice or data call- similar to what WinFaxPro does for Microsoft PCs. Is this possible? I would appreciate a recommendation in view of the above. I do not want to buy a AIO fax,scan,copier.

Thank you for any help

Yep: a virtual fax machine (software based)) with a multi-functional scanner/printer.