Rockapella CDs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi there. I use CDNow.com as my music source. They ship fast and they have excellent customer support. Until recently, thay have had reqards programs for people who buy lots of CDs. I recently got a 15% off my next purchase, and I was planning to finish out my collection of Rockapella CDs.

Only problem is, all of their old CDs are $36 apiece. Musta been made outside the US.

Does anyone know where I can buy the 5 old Rockapella CDs on the cheap? Even better, willing to sell me yours?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:

<strong>Does anyone know where I can buy the 5 old Rockapella CDs on the cheap? Even better, willing to sell me yours?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I believe you can get old Rockapella stuff from Primarily A Cappella. But looking at <a href="http://www.singers.com/titles.html"; target="_blank">their web site</a> it appears only Lucky Seven ($11) is in stock. SeanDEMOnium by Sean Altman -- a must have for all Rockapella fans -- is also out of stock.

If you can find it, I highly recommend Primer. Some really excellent material in there. I thought their quality dropped off a bit with "2", after the excellent "Don't Tell Me You Do", but that could just be me.

Maybe eBay? Half.com?

-- ShadyG
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Alright, Rockapella fans!! The best album you can get your hands on is Primer. It also clearly shows off the talent in the group beyond the sound system. Highly reccommended. Second to that is their latest Live in Concert CD, which is very impressive.

Lucky Seven is great, but To NY and From NY are also great, but more difficult to find. ShadyG is right, Keep checking Primarily A Cappella. They get some of the older stuff in from time to time. E-bay does have quite a few of the Japanese albums available too, and at pretty decent prices!

Personally I'm missing Best Fest and Bash! to complete my collection, and a few compilation albums that they are on like Muppet Beach Party.

Good luck!!

----------

Fandango
  • Reply 3 of 5
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Rockapella rocks

They were great on Where in the world is carmen sandiego
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I know someone -- who also posts on these boards and happens to live in the Kansas City Area, too -- that has "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" on mp3 if anyone wants it.

I might be able to convince myse -- I mean, him, to get it to you.

But don't steal music.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Right, DO NOT STEAL MUSIC.

If you have the CD, I'll buy it from you, but if you can only offer the MP3s, I gotta find it on my own. I don't approve of sharing multiple recordings of songs.