Macbook Pro Graphics

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Quick question,

I have the new macbook pro with the dual graphics cards, the 9400 and 9600, currently I have it on battery saving mode because I usually take the laptop elsewhere. My question is when its plugged in does it automatically use the 9600 when it needs more horsepower or does that require the stupid log out. I understand while on battery it only uses the 9400, but will I have to switch every time?

Also when it needs alot more can the macbook pro SLI the 9400 and the 9600 or not, if it can't what about in bootcamp can it SLI with windows 7/XP/VIsta? Or is it incapable of SLI all together

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattc908 View Post

Quick question,

I have the new macbook pro with the dual graphics cards, the 9400 and 9600, currently I have it on battery saving mode because I usually take the laptop elsewhere. My question is when its plugged in does it automatically use the 9600 when it needs more horsepower or does that require the stupid log out. I understand while on battery it only uses the 9400, but will I have to switch every time?

Also when it needs alot more can the macbook pro SLI the 9400 and the 9600 or not, if it can't what about in bootcamp can it SLI with windows 7/XP/VIsta? Or is it incapable of SLI all together

1. Requires stupid logout.

2. It will use 9600 on battery power and won't automatically switch

3. No SLI.