Attention: Francophone AI'ers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
J'ai besoin d'un peu d'assistance pour mon classe de français...

Est-ce que vous pouvez répondre Ã* quelques petits questions pour moi? C'est pour une enquête sur les stereotypes en France et Amerique; merci en avance.

1.) Quelles sont les qualités des Américains?

2.) Quels sont les défauts des Américains?

3.) Pour moi, l'Amérique est...

4.) D'où viennent vos idées sur les Etats-Unis (des médias, livres, films, voyages, etcetera)?

5.) Quelle est votre profession? diplômes acquis? la profession de votre père/mère?

6.) Où habitez-vous?

Merci beaucoup-- je sais que ces questions sont un peut ennuyeux mais... c'est pour une classe.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Double post.

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: powerdoc ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by powerdoc:

<strong>here the steorotype point of vue of the americans according to me. I say steorotype because all people are different : and i doubt there is a typical american nor i doubt there is a typical french men (avec un beret et une baguette de pain). But you ask me a question so i try to answer even if i don't like stereotype at all.

1) supposed qualities : taste of competition , dynamism, efficiencie : what we call the Pioneer spirit. love freedoom and democratie. Franck (not hypocrit) and direct people

2)supposed bad qualities : egocentric (too much concerned by themself) and not enough general culture a little arrogant sometimes.

3) for me USA is a state of liberty and free entreprise at the contrary of France where there is more and more state regulation;

However there is not a lot of social solidarity (there is a very strong citizen solidarity) at the contrary of France where there is too much social solidarity (i feel sometimes that i work for others)

4)my source info : i went 2 times in america (and i love it : i do not see the bad point view during this 2 trips), i discuss on Ai topics and thats why i find a few (just a few) people a litte bit arrogant, i watch like everyone US TV and cinema (and i find the film independant day : a litte arrogant : us save the world). Little culture : i use to know when i was young an american who spent some holidays at home , he was very smart and gentle : he was an expert of computers (now he work in the busisness ) and own at the time an apple 2 (now he work for PC) but he was not very opened on different culture. His father was much more opened to foreign culture at the contrary. So that's why i will say some americans are egocentric.

In one way it's normal when you are the leader in industry , army and culture you less interested in different culture. I will make this comparison Apple's User know more the PC , Than PC users know the macs.

5) My profile : surgeon 14 years of studie, work in a private hospital.

profession of father : engineer in the aluminium industry (has visited USA many, many times and have friends there)

mother : no jobs but went in university (sciences politiques : i don't know if there is an equivalence of this quind of studies)

6) j'habites Ã* Neris les Bains France , petite ville thermale de l'Allier (centre de la France dans la région auvergne : mais pas de volcans ici)

Peut être aurais-je du parler en Français ?

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: powerdoc ]</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Thank you!!!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    synsyn Posts: 329member
    heh. You wan the answers in french or english? I'll answer in both, you figure it out

1.) Quelles sont les qualités des Américains?

Dynamism, innovation, recognition of merit. Hospitality.

2.) Quels sont les défauts des Américains?

Arrogance, knowledge of international affairs, culture etc. quite limited in general. No interest of foreign affairs. Somewhat superficial youth.

3.) Pour moi, l'Amérique est...

un pays où tout le monde peut réussir en travaillant dur, mais où les gens manquent de culture historique.

4.) D'où viennent vos idées sur les Etats-Unis (des médias, livres, films, voyages, etcetera)?

voyages, rencontres avec des américains, séjours aux Etats-Unis fréquent, médias dans une moindre mesure.

5.) Quelle est votre profession? diplômes acquis? la profession de votre père/mère?

Student, 2nd year of engineering

father: PDG prêt Ã* porter

mère; English teacher

6.) Où habitez-vous?

Chantilly, France
  • Reply 5 of 5
    en français, si possible; je peux traduire... c'est pas grand chose- tous les autres gens dans ma classe vont fabriquer leurs résultats tout de même...