Would Parallels and Playon slow down my macbook

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I bought a new macbook pro 13 in with 4gb of ram and the 2.53 processor. I want to install xp so I can use parallels to stream hulu to my tv.

So would that slow down my macbook at all? I typically surf the web and play music on itunes and do basic stuff like that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Only while Parallels is running. When you close Parallels down to use it for the web etc, it won't have any effect.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by omelet1978 View Post

I bought a new macbook pro 13 in with 4gb of ram and the 2.53 processor. I want to install xp so I can use parallels to stream hulu to my tv.

So would that slow down my macbook at all? I typically surf the web and play music on itunes and do basic stuff like that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin

Only while Parallels is running. When you close Parallels down to use it for the web etc, it won't have any effect.

Like Marvin says, because anything that runs slows down the rest by definition. But will you notice it? if you "typically surf the web and play music on itunes and do basic stuff like that", which is 'light use', while Parallels is running, then you won't notice any appreciable slow-down. If you are rendering in Photoshop or Final Cut at the same time Parallels is running it's a whole different situation.