Selling iphone 3g, selling included apps too?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I want to sell my 3g and upgrade and I was wondering can I sell it with all the apps I have as an included buying incentive?

From what I can gather the new owner will not be able to update the apps but will they be able to sync them with their itunes, and transfer purchases?

Has anyone had any similar experience with selling their phones?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    You'll have to give him/her your iTunes account ID and password also.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    hey thanks for the reply.

What happens if for obvious reasons I don't give them my itunes account id and password, can't they still use the apps?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

hey thanks for the reply.

What happens if for obvious reasons I don't give them my itunes account id and password, can't they still use the apps?

To activate the phone with a new phone-number (assuming it's not a jail-break)... it'll need to be plugged into iTunes... If he's not got access to your account, he'll loose everything at that point.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

To activate the phone with a new phone-number (assuming it's not a jail-break)... it'll need to be plugged into iTunes... If he's not got access to your account, he'll loose everything at that point.

Hey thanks again for he response, but are you sure you know what you are talking about? What activation? I am in Europe and I 've been swapping sim cards in my unlocked iphone and using it with any number/sim I like. The buyer can do the same thing, can't they?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    OK... so I would have skipped your thread all together had I known you were in Europe...

(Where at ?... I make it to Amsterdam and Paris pretty frequently.)

But... assuming the rest of the iphone works the same way it does in the U.S. ... th eiPod, Addressbook, etc functions are tied to iTunes on your computer...

He can probably use the phone as-is... keep the songs on it, add/erase contacts on the phone... but will not be able to sync it with a computer (iTunes) without losing what's been synced from YOUR account.