Organizing iPhone photos without iTunes

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I receive a LOT of photos via email on my iPhone. When I save an image from an email, it goes into the "Camera Roll" album, and by the time I get home I have two to four hundred images in "Camera Roll" album that I then have to sort through and move to other albums. Additionally, due to the nature of my job, I want to show some images client "A", some to client "B", some to client "C", etc., but I DON'T want client "B" to see the images the office has emailed me for client "A" or client "C", etc.

Using ONLY the iPhone (no use of iTunes), how do I create new photo albums, and how do I move images from one album to another album, or from Camera Roll to an album?

iTunes isn't a viable option as I spend a lot of time on the road, but I travel light and don't carry a laptop with me (no need to - everyplace I go I can use a desktop). Thus, I sync with iTunes once every month or so when I get home. If I have to use iTunes to do anything with the iPhone, then why have the iPhone instead of another, cheaper phone? Thus, there has got to be some way of organizing photos that are already on the iPhone using only the iPhone, right?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    If you have Windows on the desktops you use, the iPhone is recognised as a camera so you don't need iTunes to transfer the photo's, you just tick the one's you want once they are on the desktop you can do whatever you want with them.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

If you have Windows on the desktops you use, the iPhone is recognised as a camera so you don't need iTunes to transfer the photo's, you just tick the one's you want once they are on the desktop you can do whatever you want with them.

Thanks! I can drag and drop images from the Camera Roll to the PC and back, but I can't figure out how to, without iTunes, create new photo albums and move images between albums. It is just very frustrating that has so much potential but lacking in such basic functionality and so heavily dependent on iTunes. There has GOT to be a way to accomplish these tasks without iTunes.

Thanks for your help,

John
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    There's probably an App somewhere in the App store.

You can leave the photo's attached to the emails, save only the one's you need for each client to the camera roll then delete them when you're done.

The others are still in mail.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by John3000 View Post

Thanks! I can drag and drop images from the Camera Roll to the PC and back, but I can't figure out how to, without iTunes, create new photo albums and move images between albums. It is just very frustrating that has so much potential but lacking in such basic functionality and so heavily dependent on iTunes. There has GOT to be a way to accomplish these tasks without iTunes.

Thanks for your help,

John

• Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

There's probably an App somewhere in the App store.

You can leave the photo's attached to the emails, save only the one's you need for each client to the camera roll then delete them when you're done.

The others are still in mail.

I asked around at the office today about possible apps for organizing photos on the iPhone and discoverd it is a VERY sore subject. Apparently many have paid for photo apps and NOT been happy. One suggested driving to the closest Apple store and asking a Genius, but they said not to expect much.

The best thing I saw/heard today was a demonstration of a separate PDA that two of the guys use for handling their mobile photo libraries, video libraries, and song libraries. I hate to go to carrying around a second device, but unless the guys at the Apple store can solve the problem, I think I'll go the PDA route as the iPhone just doesn't hack it for photos.

Thanks for your suggestions!

John