iMac 21.5inch should I upgrade to the 3.33ghz with 6MB shared L2 cache.

hhghhg
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I’ll buy a 21.5inch iMac, 4GB memory , ATI Radeon HD4670 with 256MB memory and 1 T hard drive.

The machine will be mainly use for the Live Interiors 3D application for floor plan drawing and 3D images and Photo Shop for a bit of photo touch up. I don’t play computer games but will use it to watch movies.

Also, I need to run window XP for one application for work but I don't use it very often.

The standard iMac come with 3.06ghz with 3MB shared L2 cache but should I upgrade it to 3.33ghz with 6MB shared L2 cache? I don’t know what is the shared L2 cache .

Is there any obvious improvement with the upgrade to 3.33ghz for my usage? Or should I upgrade to 8GB memory? Which is better for me?

I only have enough $ to upgrade one thing at this moment . I’m thinking upgrade the CPU 1st because I heard it’s it hard to change the CPU later compare to the memory .

Of coz if the standard iMac 3.06ghz with 4GB memory is good enough for my usage for the next 5 years than I don’t have to upgrade any things and save the money.

Can anyone give me some advice? Pls

Sorry for my poor English. It not my 1st language 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Nah, the processor upgrade is really not worth it. You can also add more RAM easily in the future if 4GB is not enough.