Wireless NumPad app- Hallelujah!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
http://www.edovia.com/numpad

I've been wanting to get the small Bluetooth Apple keyboard but I cannot give up the numpad that easily. For a lot of numerica data entry nothing beats a numpad. Hopefully this will make life easier. Works over Wifi using Screen Sharing, VNC and Remote Access on Windows

They also make an app called Touchpad which replaces your mouse and keyboard. Perfect for HTPC systems.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Just downloaded it and...

YES!
  • Reply 2 of 12
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

Just downloaded it and...

YES!

Ok I just bought and installed as well. Let's give her a whack.

5569-23569-1458

A ha! This is great! They just sold the tiny Bluetooth keyboard. I can live with this for

10-key.

my .02
  • Reply 3 of 12
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    That's pretty slick. It would be nice if the newer phones had more of a square back, but it will do. I don't like the feel of devices rocking when I touch them.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I bought it. It works pretty well, I'm impressed. It helps that I already use the VNC service anyway. It looks like all it really does is send the key presses by the VNC protocol, but no images, so that can make for a pretty reliable setup. It doesn't interfere with a regular VNC session either.

I can see this getting a lot of nifty uses.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    For $3 I'd rather spend a little more and get a bluetooth numeric keypad that provides tactile feedback. If it were free I might try it. Without tactile feedback, can this really be used by touch, without looking at the iPod/iPhone?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

For $3 I'd rather spend a little more and get a bluetooth numeric keypad that provides tactile feedback. If it were free I might try it. Without tactile feedback, can this really be used by touch, without looking at the iPod/iPhone?

It's certainly not for touch typists but for me it'll do in a pinch. If Apple had delivered a BT keyboard with a numpad I'd be in but I guess at this point I'm more interested in moving to a wireless keyboard and cutting yet another cable.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

It's certainly not for touch typists but for me it'll do in a pinch. If Apple had delivered a BT keyboard with a numpad I'd be in but I guess at this point I'm more interested in moving to a wireless keyboard and cutting yet another cable.

The Microsoft BT keypad looks pretty nice.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Interesting find there, Mr. Hmurchison ...There really seems to be an app for everything.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    It's a gimmick, a very nicely designed gimmick.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Downloading it now... already have TouchPad and use it on the road.

There really does seem to be an app for just about everything...
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It's a gimmick, a very nicely designed gimmick.

I certainly can't touch type on it but it may make "not" having a numbpad on the BT mini Keyboard ok in certain circumstances.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

hey it works