Parental Controls

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
It seems you can control access to every type of media besides photos. Why is this? Why can't you at least turn off photo viewing the way you can turn off video viewing?

As someone who takes "private" photos of his wife... a lot... it means I can't share my iPod at all.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

It seems you can control access to every type of media besides photos. Why is this? Why can't you at least turn off photo viewing the way you can turn off video viewing?

As someone who takes "private" photos of his wife... a lot... it means I can't share my iPod at all.

You can download an app from the Apple Store called "Picture Safe", i think it's 1.99$US. With this app you can import photos into the app, or shoot them directly from inside the app. All your pictures will be password protected. It also allows you to organize photos by subject matter...really cool you can check it out.

Hope this helps and let me know if you get it

- Armen

www.appleharmony.com
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleHarmony View Post

You can download an app from the Apple Store called "Picture Safe", i think it's 1.99$US. With this app you can import photos into the app, or shoot them directly from inside the app. All your pictures will be password protected. It also allows you to organize photos by subject matter...really cool you can check it out.

Hope this helps and let me know if you get it

- Armen

www.appleharmony.com

I'll have a look, thanks for the suggestion. It will be a bit annoying, though, to have to segregate all of my photos into those that I can sync with iPhoto (I would prefer to just "sync all") and those that I have to sync manually into a password app. But it may be what I'm forced to do.

It would have been far simpler if I could just turn off photos when my daughter wants to play a game, the way I can with videos and "mature" apps.