Basic question: howto play slideshow with multiple songs?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I can't seem to manage it. I've missed some very *basic* step in the process.

When I open settings for music, I select more than one song. Invariably, when I begin playing the slideshow, the music begins with the *last* selected song, and never even cycles back to the first! This occurs whether I select two or more, and whether I select in a sequence or (using command) out-of-sequence.

Obviously I'm missing one thing and/or another. What?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fjpoblam View Post

I can't seem to manage it. I've missed some very *basic* step in the process.

When I open settings for music, I select more than one song. Invariably, when I begin playing the slideshow, the music begins with the *last* selected song, and never even cycles back to the first! This occurs whether I select two or more, and whether I select in a sequence or (using command) out-of-sequence.

Obviously I'm missing one thing and/or another. What?

Assuming you're referring to iPhoto and iTunes:

when composing a slideshow in iPhoto, everytime you select a song from your iTunes library only that song is selected. iPhoto forgets all your previous selections and 'remembers' only the last one. As you found out.

If you want to play more than one song consecutively as a soundtrack to your slideshow then create a playlist in iTunes containing those songs in the right order. Then, when composing your slideshow in iPhoto, select that particular playlist. Not those songs individually.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Assuming you're referring to iPhoto and iTunes:

when composing a slideshow in iPhoto, everytime you select a song from your iTunes library only that song is selected. iPhoto forgets all your previous selections and 'remembers' only the last one. As you found out.

If you want to play more than one song consecutively as a soundtrack to your slideshow then create a playlist in iTunes containing those songs in the right order. Then, when composing your slideshow in iPhoto, select that particular playlist. Not those songs individually.

Duhhhh... \

(Which is to say, thank you. That helps!)