Hey guys and gals! Want a lightning fast browser for FREE?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey guys and gals! I just updated my old copy of Omniweb, the (FREE!) web browser, and ran a quick StumbleUpon session. And you can take that literally! Omniweb is lightning fast! Try it! You may like it.

Yes, this is a plug. No, I have no commercial interest in Omniweb. But the more alternatives there are ? competition ? the better for us consumers. And Omniweb is a viable contender. Just spreading the word.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    Okay, I bit and downloaded Omniweb. Not bad, but I still think Firefox is quicker. On the other hand, the browser is loaded with features I like. It sort of looks and feels like Camino. Thanks Rokcet Man! I can highlight text, right click, and right there is a choice for speech. That totally rocks! Anyone who knows me, realizes the only reason I have a Mac is for speech. One problem ... Where the hell is the home page feature???
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WPLJ42 View Post

Where the hell is the home page feature???

In OmniWeb 5.10 it's in Preferences>Show All>General (pretty much as it is in any browser...).
  • Reply 3 of 6
    There is no feature to go to the Home page. You are talking about how the browser starts. Still, a very good browser.

EDIT: Okay, found it in History, but there is no shortcut.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WPLJ42 View Post

There is no feature to go to the Home page. You are talking about how the browser starts. Still, a very good browser.

EDIT: Okay, found it in History, but there is no shortcut.

Um-m-m-m, wrong again. To set the home page (Start Page in OmniPage parlance):
    1. Select the OmniPage/Preferences... menu item.

2. Click the General preferences pane.

3. Under Start Page:, choose one of the four (4) available options.

To add the Start Page icon to your Navigation Bar:
    1. Select the View/Toolbars>Customize Navigation Bar... menu item.

2. Drag the Go to Start Page little house icon up to the Navigation Bar.

3. Press the Done button.

OK?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Ok. I am downloading it now. Based on webkit, so that is good.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Thanks Mr. Me. Guess my mind was so set on finding the word Home, I didn't look for the icon. I have visual processing issues that make some of the simplest things hard. This browser has a number of niceties for us visually impaired folks. I noticed you can separate the location bar in the view menu, but can't make the search bar longer. No biggie. Still a fine browser.