SOS help please. Macbook Pro won't turn on. Blinking Light

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello to everyone this is my first post here and sadly its about a problem with my macbook pro.

The notebook in question is a 17'' Macbook Pro I bought in September 2008.

I simply closed it (without turning it off, just let it go on sleep) and took it with me as usual and when I tried turning it on again, it would not turn on.

I press the power button and I hear the hard drive/superdrive (not sure which of the two) start up and I see the sleep light turn on but after a few seconds its turns off again. If I hold the power button down for a few seconds the sleep light starts blinking and then the notebook turns off once more. In all cases the screen is black.

I tried everything here http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1365 and tried removing and re-installing the RAM and nothing changed.

Short of trying to re-install the RAM again I have no idea what to do. I won't be able to visit a Genius until after the 5th so any ideas/suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    The same thing happened to me when I added RAM. The new chip I installed wasn't in all the way. Maybe something wrecked your current RAM. Do you have access to a friend or family members MBP that you could try swapping with to see if it is the ram?