apple ipod touch

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i am not sure which one I should get 8gb or 32gb. I dont have alot of pictures/music. My main question is the gaming am I going to notice a big difference between the 8 and 32..I am not like a serious gamer either.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bmyers View Post

i am not sure which one I should get 8gb or 32gb. I dont have alot of pictures/music. My main question is the gaming am I going to notice a big difference between the 8 and 32..I am not like a serious gamer either.

Don't rule out the refurbished 16 gb that you can still get from the apple web store. It comes with a new battery, the same warranty, is eligible for applecare, and looks brand new out of the box. Being refurbished, it will also save you a chunk of money.

I got one in September last year and have had no problems.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    is there any difference between that and whats in the stores now??t
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bmyers View Post

is there any difference between that and whats in the stores now??t

I'm fairly certain that the stores are no longer offering the 16gb. You have to get a refurbished model from Apple or buy one from e-bay or something.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Amazon is still offering the 2nd gen 16 gig.

• Reply 5 of 7
    If you're going to use the iPod Touch primarily as a game player, you should look into the 32GB and 64GB model for performance. Those are the ones using the faster chipsets (supposedly up to 50% faster) from the 3Gs iPhone, while the 8GB uses the old chipsets from the original iPhone 3G.

Ultimately, its your choice.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMacapple View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thadj View Post

Yes the apps do take up a lot of space.

Are you two gonna clean up your spammy sigs... or do we have to get Big Marvin to come and visit you?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Apple doesn't hightlight it but the current 3Gen hardware (meaning the 32 and 64GB) Touch are faster and support OpenGL 2.0. So if you game on your Touch it's probably good that you buy a 32GB model over the 8GB model which has the same hardware as last years models (including the 16GB)

http://discuss.gdgt.com/apple/ipod/t...ween-2nd-gen-/

Quote:

So far as I gleaned from the keynote, the list is:

-Faster CPU (should be roughly the same as the new 3GS processor)

-OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics support

-Apple inline remote support

-VoiceOver (voice control)

-Increase in capacity up to 64GB