The last macbook with Firewire and removable battery question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi everyone

I am a little confused above the version numbers and released dates...

I have a Macbook Version 4.1 with GMA x3100 graphics white and removable battery.

Was thinking to upgrading to one with a Nvidia GPU so I could at least game on it rather than going back to my windows machine.

But I prefered that it was the same old white body, still has a firewire port (best if its 800 ) and with a removable battery.

Am I right to say that the last of these Macbooks was in the Mid 2009 ( Rev.H ) to have the specifications that I want?

Somehow I just can't stomach the built-in battery and don't really like the metallic feel of the Macbook Pros...

Any advice? Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Before I'd used the new model, I'd be with you on the battery issue. Being able to easily switch the HDD and RAM without taking off the base cover would have been big factors but the new ones actually can last up to 7 hours on a single charge, which I've never seen on any notebook before.

I would also recommend the metal one over the white one. The old white one cracked over time and the new unibody one doesn't have firewire as you said. This one should do:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB...co=MTA4MzIzMzA