water balloon ambush. (story)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I don't know if any of you are familiar with "Ivy Club," so I'll explain. It is a club in Princeton where all of the aristocrat children want to join. It is the stereotypical Princeton establishment, though in real life most people don't like Ivy, to put it mildly.

Today is initiations for sophomores and it involves a roving posse to pick up all their sophs from their rooms. Four people downstairs were going to be picked up.

We filled up 35 water balloons. Big ones. They were actually just normal balloons made into water balloons by necessity. When they were on their way out (about 80 people) I yelled "fire." Everyone on the ground looked up to see balloons pouring out of 4 windows on the second level.

And that is why Ivy made the half mile walk to their club, on a cold February afternoon, wet.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>

And that is why Ivy made the half mile walk to their club, on a cold February afternoon, wet.</strong><hr></blockquote>

This is why I always hated the fraternity/sorority exclusive club thing in college. You get to be humiliated by your "friends" so you can join their "club". Do you also have to pay hundreds of dollars for the Ivy Club like a fraternity? Yeah sign me up.

I think I'll make my friends the old fashioned way, and end up with the kind of friends who don't care about my social or financial standing. You know, "real" friends.

Hey, not offense though, to each his own...just my opinion. :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Try a few thousand dollars, but I'm not sure of the actual figure, because as I tried to emphasize, I am NOT a part of Ivy Club.

But anyway, I agree with you. Ivy Sucks.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    i was going to join a frat here; even though we don't have official frats there are.. organizations, as it were.

I decided that I'm not down with the public humiliation, though.

Probably the right decision.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>i was going to join a frat here; even though we don't have official frats there are.. organizations, as it were.

I decided that I'm not down with the public humiliation, though.

Probably the right decision.</strong><hr></blockquote>

you are right no frat merit your humiliation. If semeone will loose something it's the frat, not you.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Am I missing something? It seems that in this case the assholes were the ones dropping water balloons?

What do you all care about their special club?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>Am I missing something? It seems that in this case the assholes were the ones dropping water balloons?

What do you all care about their special club?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You really had to be there. It's not a friendly posse that picks up people. It's a trash can tipping, drunken bunch of retards that sprays foam all over our hallways. Since complaining won't do any good, we may as well have some fun at their expense, as they have fun at our expense.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>

You really had to be there. It's not a friendly posse that picks up people. It's a trash can tipping, drunken bunch of retards that sprays foam all over our hallways. Since complaining won't do any good, we may as well have some fun at their expense, as they have fun at our expense.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I see.

Unlike my room mate who rushed. A guy I knew from one of my classes showed up at the dorm and asked for him. Not a waterballoon worthy bunch.