How to reattach MBP Ribbon cable from keyboard to logicboard

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I was doing an upgrade of the hard drive in a MBP and unfortunately when I removed the keyboard the ribbon cable attaching it to the MBP's Logic Board came off and I can't figure out how to reattach it. I know it there has to be a way to reattach it but I don't want to attach it wrong and have something short out. How would I go about reattaching it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    seek3rseek3r Posts: 179member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markw10 View Post

I was doing an upgrade of the hard drive in a MBP and unfortunately when I removed the keyboard the ribbon cable attaching it to the MBP's Logic Board came off and I can't figure out how to reattach it. I know it there has to be a way to reattach it but I don't want to attach it wrong and have something short out. How would I go about reattaching it?

There should be a small plug for it. For ex, on my core2 2.33 MBP it looks like this (thank you ifixit for the pic :-p): http://s1.guide-images.ifixit.com/ig...4IKnkpNR.large
  • Reply 2 of 2
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Unfortunately, that plug also has a tiny little latching bar. If the cable just "came out" as you pulled on the keyboard, there's a pretty good chance you broke that. You can still reattach the cable by just sort of sticking in there, but it's not ever again going to be a secure mechanical connection.