MobileMe Syncing Issue

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I use a MacBook an iMac and an iPhone, which I want to keep in sync with my mobile me account. However I run into very annoying problems with syncing my contacts.

When I change some contact information on my iphone, it gets synced to the mobile me website (me.com) as it is supposed to. However when I then want to sync my computers, for them to also have the changes I made, I get a message saying "You need to replace your Contact information on MobileMe" and wants me to "replace your information" from the computer that has the most up do date information. However my iphone and the me.com website have the most uptodate information, but replacing can only be done from computers. Clicking "Fix Later" only cancels the sync and does nothing else.

I have tried pretty much everything the apple support tells me to do: I went into Advanced sync options and select "Reset Sync Data", defining to Replace the data on my computer with the data from MobileMe. But again that *** message "You need to replace your etc." pops up, and nothing happens.

I backed up and deleted my entire address book and tried syncing - same message.

I signed out of mobile me, reregistered my computers and tried syncing - same message.

I'm starting to become highly annoyed, what good is mobileMe if I can't update contact information on my iphone or on the me.com in the internet?

I would really appreciate if someone knows, how I could fix this thing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ljbp View Post

I would really appreciate if someone knows, how I could fix this thing.

I'm having real trouble trying to understand your problem. MobileMe adds new data wherever it is and replaces old data with new data whenever applicable. You may also have the option to merge two different data sets without replacing anything. You may set your iPhone to automatically exchange MobileMe data with the Cloud wirelessly.

This ain't that hard.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    so why not just plug your iPhone into your computer and sync once that way?