Interview with Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If I have an interview for a non-retail job at Apple soon, and have written blogs/tweets about Apple, should I tell the recruiter about them?

As for the content, I haven't badmouthed Apple, but mainly just commented on the company's recent news and wrote a post for my tablet predictions.

Any feedback is appreciated, and include why you think I should/shouldn't mention it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I would tell them. Mainly because they probably already know about them and you don't want to be seen as hiding something. I would just mention it briefly in the context of you liking their products a lot.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dutch pear View Post

I would tell them. Mainly because they probably already know about them and you don't want to be seen as hiding something. I would just mention it briefly in the context of you liking their products a lot.

don't listen to this guy. It's absolutely none of their business, whatsoever. What you do after being hired is a different story, but before, you could have running a smear campaign from Balmer's basement, it's none of their damn business.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    intenseintense Posts: 106member
    I would tell them
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ilogicilogic Posts: 298member
    No need to tell them, ask in context...

"Have you ever hired someone who had previously been indifferent to Apple's products, etc"

No need to put yourself out there like that, previous reply is right, it's not their business.

Think like a free person, you're an American for crying out loud...