Soon we won't need women either... :(

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.observer.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,648024,00.html"; target="_blank">The Guardian Unlimited observer</a> has reported that researches have come up with 2 ways to make a mother unneccesary at all. They have created a womb that is outside of the mother that they are trying to get to a state where they could fully grow a child without a womans body. Also another doctor has come up with a method of removing fetus' from the parent and putting them in a bath of amniotic fluid hooked up to a feeding and waste removal tube.

I suppose it was only a matter of time, but this does not seem like a very good thing to me. Sure it has some good that can come of it, but overall, I don't think I like it. Anyone else care to comment?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Soon we won't need women either... <hr></blockquote>So where do the ova come from?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>So where do the ova come from?</strong><hr></blockquote>

That is what they said about the womb first...

Once they have this out of the way, then the avances in cloning will come into it's own. They are already looking for ways around the sperm and the egg. If they can do this, the other is not impossible...

[edit to clarify somewhat]

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: NoahJ ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Eat your heart out, Aldous Huxley.

[spelling!]

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: BuonRotto ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    Huxley is vomiting in disgust in his grave *right now*!

Eric Blair, Aldous Huxley, hmm, who's prognostications are going to come true next...John Wyndham!?