Apple Tablet to be called..(warning Spoiler)

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
"The Tabloid"

here is why I think this.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01...nfirms_tablet/

watch the end of the video on this story...

Terry called it "The Tabloid" Twice before correcting himself and calling it a tablet. Funny that this was not mentioned in the article and actually was miss quoted in the article.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BitBurner View Post

"The Tabloid"

here is why I think this.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01...nfirms_tablet/

watch the end of the video on this story...

Terry called it "The Tabloid" Twice before correcting himself and calling it a tablet. Funny that this was not mentioned in the article and actually was miss quoted in the article.

He was just nervous trying not to reveal his sources
  • Reply 2 of 8
    His sources? This is Terry McGraw the Chairman and ceo of McGraw-hill publishing. His sources are Apple..lol He basically let the cat out of the bag. Like he said he has been working with Apple for "Years" on this. I think he is used to calling it by its real name that he forgets when he is calling it a tablet or a tabloid. Where did he get the word tabloid from then? Weird word to substitute if your nervous. He is in trouble I'm sure. He confirmed there is a "Tablet" and that they have a book deal with them. What did he say 95% of his book will be ebooks on there? That's HUGE!!!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Tabloid? I don't think I like it
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

I think it'll catch on if thats the official name. If its a successful product people will get over the name and start to like it. Remember when Nintendo announced its new system was called the Wii? nobody liked it. actually thats a terrible understatement. the name was absolutely abhorred. but now everyone likes it and has no problem with it. If the product is good the name makes no difference.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Think about it they are not going to call it iSlate after CES and tabloid does go with the whole print theme. especially if its tabloid size.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    He may be a CEO but think about it, camera on him, to be broadcasted to how many thousands of people? He very well could be nervous. CEO or not, he is human. Tabloid and iTablet. You say it twenty times fast and then try to say correct name on the flt,
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

Same here.

Tabloid has a bad connotation for one.

and it reminds me too much of the "noid" from the old pizza commercials. lol

It doesn't sound like a typical classy Apple name.

But, it does sound like a mass market name. All the Microsoft loving people will flock to it.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Just watched that video.

Yep, I think he done did the deed and let the name slip right then and there.

WHOOPS!

It will be pretty catchy though once it's been official for a few hours.