Uh... Has anyone seen this vid? It looks like a ringer for the tablet.

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIGd4...eature=related

Shown demonstrating an Ikea catalogue.

wow.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    May well be the 100th time that's been linked to. No offense.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    It almost seems plausible as the same size device, same interface has surfaced by different users, showing different apps....
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

It almost seems plausible as the same size device, same interface has surfaced by different users, showing different apps....

However, there's a really problematical shadow being cast by the left hand (hard to get a shadow on a backlit surface).

You can do this by having someone run some rehearsed gestures on a blue surfaced tablet mockup, then lay in your animation, timed to match the finger hits, after the fact. Motion tracking takes care of the "device" moving around.

I think people underestimate how wide spread motion tracking software has become. Check out some of the "handheld camcorder" footage of UFOs on You Tube. There's something about CG put into a shaky setting that really sells the illusion.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

However, there's a really problematical shadow being cast by the left hand (hard to get a shadow on a backlit surface).

You can do this by having someone run some rehearsed gestures on a blue surfaced tablet mockup, then lay in your animation, timed to match the finger hits, after the fact. Motion tracking takes care of the "device" moving around.

I think people underestimate how wide spread motion tracking software has become. Check out some of the "handheld camcorder" footage of UFOs on You Tube. There's something about CG put into a shaky setting that really sells the illusion.

That sounds like one hell of a lot of work.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I can see that someone CAN do it, but sheesh! Not only would that have been a TON of work for basically no gain (unless it was some kind of clever resume style show off vid), it was actually very fluid with excellent UI conepts and carried off perfectly. the way it showed certain catalog selections as well just worked. period. If it is fake, congrats to the faker. lol

Good job.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Well, it's like those UFO videos I mentioned-- some of them are really masterful, with entire photorealistic CG landscapes generated to help sell the illusion.

People do all kinds of elaborate, labor intensive stuff online these days-- it can lead to job offers or just getting your name out there.

I would guess that after tomorrow, the person or people responsible for that vid will make themselves known.