Apple iPad design concepts (iSight/iStand)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey everyone, Im new to the forum. I just joined the forum over at Macrumors.com, and was directed here by a guest saying that the forum on appleinsider is of a more major calibor, which is fantastic!

I just wanted to share with you guys (and gals!) some of my concept designs that I did.

I know there was no onboard camera displayed at the keynote on Jan 27 - which left me wondering why it wasn't there. Then I realized the game plan. The cost of the unit. I understand completely why there is a lack on Storage size, no Camera, etc... because they wanted to maintain their target price range.

So - with that said, I figured, hey... then why couldn't Apple, or some other manufacture get in on the cash flow and design a iSight adapter that can be used with the iPad, that connects through the 30-pin connector?

[CENTER]

iSight Lite+

Price Point: $45 (just an imaginary figure)

[/CENTER]
Lets just imagine for a minute.

If Apple sells 2.5 million iPads,

(none of which have an onboard camera) and say, half of those iPads (1.25 million) purchase the iSight Adapter (priced @ $45, which isn't high) - that would be a total of: $56,250,000.00 + (minus the manufactoring cost and such)

That is a respectable number, dont you think?

Ok, instead of 1.25 million adapters, lets say 500,000 instead = $22,500,000.00 + (minus the manufactoring cost and such), which is still pretty impressive.

Lets pretend instead of 500,000 adapters @ $45, lets calculate 100,000 which is a SMALL number out of the 2.5 sold = $4,500,000.00 + (minus the manufactoring cost and such).

As you can see from my point - I'm trying to demonstrate that there is potential for money to be made here -- Now, lets see if anyone out in the wide world steals my idea and makes it work! That'd be terrific.
[CENTER]iStand +

Price Point: $45 (just an imaginary figure)[/CENTER]

*** Bare with me, use your imagination. The iPad would connect to the iStand thru it's 30-pin connection slot, and then the iPad would gentley rest it's back on the iStand, giving it a flush touch with the back, maxium surface connection. Maybe have a type of None-Slip-Grip type of material, such as those found in cars for GPS devices, cell phones, etc. None-Slip-Pad style. The Swivels will be adjustable and able to fold down into a slimmer design. The Swivels will also have the strength and durability that one would expect so it can be manipulated in any tilt-range to provide maxium view angle for the user. ***

[CENTER][/CENTER]
Same as above.

2.5 iPads sold (theroretically)

iStand priced @ $45

100,000 sold = $4,500,000.00 + (minus the manufactoring cost and such).
Let me know what you guys think! I really enjoy reading the comments and replying.

*** The est. and numbers above are based on an imaginary number and do not reflect a real cost or profit margin for said products. Just a visual que to see and understand the potential for such products. ***

*** As for the copyright figures on the designs: I am not claiming that I have copyright patents for any of the said products or 'designs'. I am just stating that for the CONCEPT of the design of an iStand + and iSight Lite + for the Apple iPad. I just want the credit to be stated that I created these concepts from scratch and from my own mind. That's all. ***

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kDesign7,

Great ideas and very nice layouts. Maybe there are some venture capitalists that will contact you to do their design layouts.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by epoche View Post

kDesign7,

Great ideas and very nice layouts. Maybe there are some venture capitalists that will contact you to do their design layouts.

That would be kinda neat!

Thanks for the comments mate!

-Kelland
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Biggest problem I see is that it doesn't rotate. I will probably buy an x-Stand, should they make one for the iPad-

• Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Biggest problem I see is that it doesn't rotate. I will probably buy an x-Stand, should they make one for the iPad-

Wow! I liked the X stand. But it should definitely roatat so that we'll be able to rotate screen. But they should provide some kind of stand (maybe iStand) with the product for free!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    It depends on the cost of the phone.

The designs shown by kDesign7 are awesome.

But slight modification in that model and it can be rotate,

It will cut the cost also.