Unannounced Core i7 Apple MacBook Pro benchmarks surface

Comments

• Reply 81 of 124
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Psh. I bet it'll just be a bigger iPod touch with an attached keyboard.
  • Reply 82 of 124
    finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    Apple Store has been down for some time now. First checked site and then MacRumors. So be prepared for an announcement, most likely with the MBP or could be listing of iPad? Changes to the MBP, no matter what they are will not be to everyone's satisfaction, and there will be those who will complain.
  • Reply 83 of 124
    I wonder if Apple looks at all the MBP's that are out in all the stores and at the distribution centers to see if it's a good time to release the new ones? Once stock gets down a little and it's close to the expected release dates then that's when they make the announcement...

I hope it's soon because I have a big trip out of the states and I need to bring a laptop, and I can't see myself buying the current one right when a new one is on it's way.

Hurry Up APPLE!
  • Reply 84 of 124
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    They removed all the 'new' stickers from the previously new products (iMac, Mini and white Macbook) during the Aperture update so it makes sense to switch the sticker to the MBPs soon.
  • Reply 85 of 124
    mr. kmr. k Posts: 115member
    I predict new MBPs, this coming Tuesday.
  • Reply 86 of 124
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

They removed all the 'new' stickers from the previously new products (iMac, Mini and white Macbook) during the Aperture update so it makes sense to switch the sticker to the MBPs soon.

Agree, it has to be soon. Likely they are waiting until they can:

A) Package 10.6.3

B) Be ready to ship through all channels on the day they're posted.
  • Reply 87 of 124
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Yeah...the so-old-it's-starting-to-smell-funny MacBook Pro page still says "new" though. \

i thought for sure this week with new Optimus from NVIDIA. I guess...maybe next week? Someone said at macrumors since the Chinese New Year is this weekend that might not happen though.

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
  • Reply 88 of 124
    Does anyone know what has been the longest time between hardware (iMac's, MBP's, Mac Pro) updates? What, we are at 250 some days since the last MBP update?
  • Reply 89 of 124
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FoxDavis View Post

Does anyone know what has been the longest time between hardware (iMac's, MBP's, Mac Pro) updates? What, we are at 250 some days since the last MBP update?

Longest right now is the Mac Pro with 345 days.

The longest ever is the Mac Mini which I think had over 1.5 years between updates.
  • Reply 90 of 124
    I don't understand why they keep regular updates (just minor spec bumps, not entirely new products or huge updates) a secret these days. This is very, very annoying. If it takes until March, I would have just gotten a new MacBook Pro in January. But I'm in this waiting pattern now. A few weeks..becomes a few months...becomes annoying when my current MacBook is dying as we speak.
  • Reply 91 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Longest right now is the Mac Pro with 345 days.

The longest ever is the Mac Mini which I think had over 1.5 years between updates.

Thanks, that is good to know. I am thinking it won't be this month that Apple puts out a new MBP...

Damn!
  • Reply 92 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FoxDavis View Post

Thanks, that is good to know. I am thinking it won't be this month that Apple puts out a new MBP...

Damn!

I would certainly think it will be in the next two or three weeks. If not next week then the one after. As that site shows, we're far past the usual time for an update. 248 days since the last update, and the average is 200 days. Moreover, Intel released much faster chips ("Arrandale Core i5/i7) that will use less power over a month ago. HP and others have been shipping laptops with these for almost a month already. Of course Apple is probably just stockpiling up a supply before they release the update. Probably wise, since I think a lot of people are waiting for new laptops! At least if this thread with hundreds of posts is any indication...http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=861917
  • Reply 93 of 124
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

HP and others have been shipping laptops with these for almost a month already. Of course Apple is probably just stockpiling up a supply before they release the update.

I think it's inevitable that new "pro" Macs show up this month. Since Apple has historically (as a general rule) milked older tech past the average when they are readying a dynamic change. In other words, something more than just a performance bump.

Even though HP and Dell outsell Macs in units Apple may very well use more of the newer processors from Intel. HP and Dell sell these machines as BTO when the chips are first available and have no stores that will have to be stocked that day to the hilt with these pre-built machines. I think if Apple is stock piling anything it's pre-built MBPs ready for an upcoming shipment to an Apple Store.
  • Reply 94 of 124
    I tried to configure a 17" MBP from MacMall and it asked to call... That was a first because I keep doing it to see what my cost would be. It was cheaper about a week ago but I wonder why I have to call for pricing when it calculates it for you when you add new features.....

Apple, hurry up! There are customers out here waiting unpatiently.....haha

Thank goodness for forums or we would be wasting our money...
  • Reply 95 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

As if right on cue to make me look silly..http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=861917

They're coming tomorrow.

How fortunate. My MacBook screen started flickering worse than ever just this minute. It knows its replacement is on its way.

Just a thought re: Macbook Flickering -- Have you tried turning off "Automatically adjust brightness as ambient light changes" in the Diplays Pref Pane?
  • Reply 96 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Just a thought re: Macbook Flickering -- Have you tried turning off "Automatically adjust brightness as ambient light changes" in the Diplays Pref Pane?

Thanks tonton...unfortunately I only have a MacBook, it doesn't have that optical sensor. I think it's a wide-spread defect. It started right outside the 90-day period. Ah well I'll hopefully get a MBP in a week or two or three.
  • Reply 97 of 124
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I think if Apple is stock piling anything it's pre-built MBPs ready for an upcoming shipment to an Apple Store.

This. I think that's all that is holding it up now. They're readying a large stock to delivery to all channels at once.

I hoping this is a substantial enough upgrade in performance to convince me to go portable.
  • Reply 98 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

This. I think that's all that is holding it up now. They're readying a large stock to delivery to all channels at once.

I hoping this is a substantial enough upgrade in performance to convince me to go portable.

pmz go portable. You'll love it. It's all benefits. Only cost is well the cost. unless you need massive computer horsepower. Once you go laptop...you'll probably never go back. A screen and keyboard to hook into on the desk to make it into a desktop when home/office. I agree they must be stockpiling. I wish we could at least get a preview a week ahead of time. It'd give us time to get cases if they change the dimensions, buy other accessories or make plans, etc. This secrecy stuff for such minor updates is kind of an annoyance. Like I said somewhere I'm predicting when Jobs leaves they'll start being more open about minor updates like this, at least by a couple weeks ahead of release.
  • Reply 99 of 124
    It's definitely coming this Tuesday (16th)...no doubt about it, considering current promotions by many stores...
  • Reply 100 of 124
    I don't know about it coming this Tuesday but it needs to be soon or it will take a lot of anticipation from the iPad.