Improving the iMac

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014


I admit it, the iMac is one impressive piece of hardware!

Why the heck HP, Dell, Compac, Leveno, Matel, Sony.... can't make a computer this sleek, beautiful

and powerful is beyond me.

HOWEVER, as nice as this computer seems to be it has one huuugggeee flaw, THE SOFTWARE! These things come with some lame Vista rip-off OS installed! This is simply unacceptable.

MY ANSWER!

Wipe the hard drive and install Vista Ultimate, this thing should really purr with a bonafied MS OS

installed! Imagine how well this thing would run Publisher, Paint, Access, the clock, Fax Viewer or

Command Prompt! I felt so strongly about this that I called Jobs (the real one) himself and told him

that Apple should abandon all of this "X" and "i" stuff and just make hardware like the other regular

computer companies, let Microsoft worry about software, the development savings would be

tremendous!

My answer was about 30 seconds of silence (bad iPhone connection), then he said, "uh, well, ummm

thanks for the suggestion Mr Ballmer, I'll take it under advisement and give it all due consideration".



You know, Jobs may not be as dumb as I thought.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 7
    lol, you have odd taste in software.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,751member
    I have 7 on my iMac, I wish it was easier to like. Startup and shutdown in comparison to the Mac side is slow. Viruses, Archaic menus. Heck--you need to use a cmd prompt to bring up a "secret window" to enable automatic login. The whole thing lacks common sense and polish. Again, I want Windows 7 to be nice to use, I really do.



    It's not so much that Apple's OS is so amazing, it's more that Windows is so bad. Windows users are just used to it. It's not bad in all respects by any means, but bad in enough for the OS to get in your way. You'd think a company with the resources they have would never dare make some of the decisions they do--ironically they do because of their size. The design decisions they make for simple OS features like enabling automatic login are so weird and needlessly complex it almost seems like they are trying to make the thing complex on purpose.



    But it's definitely an improvement over Vista. Though also--and I'm talking from experience--slower than XP in some respect. Like startup for example.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    How and why would anyone load Windows 7 Starter on a Mac???
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WPLJ42 View Post


    How and why would anyone load Windows 7 Starter on a Mac???



    Windows Seven Starter is still an upgrade for a OSX user!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    I have 7 on my iMac, I wish it was easier to like. Startup and shutdown in comparison to the Mac side is slow. Viruses, Archaic menus. Heck--you need to use a cmd prompt to bring up a "secret window" to enable automatic login. The whole thing lacks common sense and polish. Again, I want Windows 7 to be nice to use, I really do.



    It's not so much that Apple's OS is so amazing, it's more that Windows is so bad. Windows users are just used to it. It's not bad in all respects by any means, but bad in enough for the OS to get in your way. You'd think a company with the resources they have would never dare make some of the decisions they do--ironically they do because of their size. The design decisions they make for simple OS features like enabling automatic login are so weird and needlessly complex it almost seems like they are trying to make the thing complex on purpose.



    But it's definitely an improvement over Vista. Though also--and I'm talking from experience--slower than XP in some respect. Like startup for example.



    Have you got a password set? If you only have one account, and it has no password, Windows 7 will automatically login to that account. If you have multiple accounts, or a password protected account, it will take you to the login screen to select which to use.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BallmerSteve View Post


    Windows Seven Starter is still an upgrade for a OSX user!



    Of all the trolls ... you're the trolliest!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    No reversi?



    Ballmer, can you put back reversi in Winblows?



    kthxby
Sign In or Register to comment.