Egyptian Horror

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi,

I wondered if any of you had heard the news about the train fire in Egypt. Someone tried to light a small gas stove on an overnight train (apparently thats common), and then Boom! The death toll is already at 300! The pictures on Yahoo! UK showing the burnt insides of carriages, with piles at one end of what must be the remains of many people burnt beyond all recognition seem for the first time as disturbing as the coverage of 9/11.

Sorry, just had to get this off of my chest...

David

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I know it's pretty sad. I just saw it on CNN.

Of course the american media will not make a big deal of it because not many americans were involved and it's a muslim country
  • Reply 2 of 6
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Yes i ear this on the radio : must be a terrible thing to die in a fire.

They said also, that there was too many people in this train. The fire should have start from a bottle of gaz in the train's kitchen.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    That's odd, corvette, I got it as a NewsAlert from an American news corp. and it's on my teevee on both FoxNews and CNN.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>That's odd, corvette, I got it as a NewsAlert from an American news corp. and it's on my teevee on both FoxNews and CNN.</strong><hr></blockquote>

oh well I guess i'm wrong then
  • Reply 5 of 6
    373 :eek:
  • Reply 6 of 6
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    Well, at least it wasn't a terrorist attack. Nevertheless, I was very sad to hear about such a large death toll.