MobileME

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi, i was thinking of getting mobile me subscription, but needed to find out few questions that after the 12 months of subscription what features would i be able to use, and would i be able to use push notification email and the idisk. Also if i get the family pack. would i be able to make 5 accounts myself, and use it 12 months after and then 12 months after and carry on like this.

Thank you

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by apocalypto View Post

Hi, i was thinking of getting mobile me subscription, but needed to find out few questions that after the 12 months of subscription what features would i be able to use,

What do you mean by "after the 12 months of subscription"? If you continue to pay for the subscription year after year you should expect all the features to be used. If you do not renew your subscription after 12 months, I'd expect your account to be deleted, but I don't know how they do that.

Quote:

and would i be able to use push notification email and the idisk.

Yes, these are all features of MobileMe

Quote:

Also if i get the family pack. would i be able to make 5 accounts myself, and use it 12 months after and then 12 months after and carry on like this.

Thank you

No, the 5 subscriptions expire after 12 months. I could be wrong, but I think they offer a reduced rate when you renew your subscription before it expires.

Here is the MobileMe support site.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    You'd be better off getting the single account and using Aliases. For instance you could be [email protected] and have up 4 Aliases to that account "[email protected], [email protected] and so on.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Thank you very much for the replies, and finally after the subscription expires would i then still be able to use idisk or any other cool features.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    No not once the subscription expires all access to idisk and email and other features stop. I am aware there was at least when I renewed my account late last year a 14 day period before they delete the account and any info.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    One of the great features for MobileMe, if you have an iPhone is their location service. I love it. If you left your iPhone somewhere in the house and don't know where you can send it a 2 minute "buzz" to help you locate it, even if you had it on silent, it will still buzz. Plus if someone steals it, etc. you can use the location to find out roughly where they are.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I am also new here and i am still in the process of learning things in this site. I just accidentally saw the site and i registered