Anyword of iPod Touch 4G?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I know iPad is the topic nowadays. But I prefer iPod Touch. So anyone has any info on the 4G iPod Touch? Some say it due this spring.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 19
    joe hsjoe hs Posts: 488member
    Most likely it'll be out/announced in September- fall at least.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 12,719member
    As has already been indicated it will likely be late in the year. The possible exception would be a revision with a camera.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chinese_ys View Post


    I know iPad is the topic nowadays.



    This is a big problem as the rumor mill cares about nothing other.
    Quote:

    But I prefer iPod Touch. So anyone has any info on the 4G iPod Touch? Some say it due this spring.



    I went the iPhone route but might consider switching to a Touch if the iPad strikes my fancy. However I've not heard about a device for the spring. What I'm really hoping for is at least two devices. One a direct Touch up grade and another slightly larger. The slightly larger unit would have a screen in the 5 to 7 inch range.





    Dave
  • Reply 3 of 19
    mikefmikef Posts: 697member
    Wouldn't new models of the iPod Touch be tied to new models of the iPhone since the hardware is so similar?



    I love my iPod Touch 3G but it'll probably be replaced with an iPad simply for the larger screen/better browsing experience.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 12,719member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikef View Post


    Wouldn't new models of the iPod Touch be tied to new models of the iPhone since the hardware is so similar?



    This has certainly been true in the past. However that might not remain the case in the future. The biggest problem I see is that Apple really needs more than one iPhone model which I believe we will see soon. The question then becomes which path does the iPod Touch follow or does it blaze it's own trail.

    Quote:

    I love my iPod Touch 3G but it'll probably be replaced with an iPad simply for the larger screen/better browsing experience.



    Yes but can you put it in your pocket? This is really the question in my mind. I've been looking at iPad but the transportability issue is real. This is why I would love to see an iPod Touch Maxi. Something with a bigger screen but the ability to still fit in ones pocket. As nice as iPad is it is bigger than what I imagined was coming and thus is frustrating.





    Dave
  • Reply 5 of 19
    mikefmikef Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post


    The biggest problem I see is that Apple really needs more than one iPhone model which I believe we will see soon. The question then becomes which path does the iPod Touch follow or does it blaze it's own trail.



    I disagree about multiple iPhone models... different storage capacities, yes, but same internals. It'd be easiest and best for everybody to be on even ground.



    Quote:

    Yes but can you put it in your pocket? This is really the question in my mind. I've been looking at iPad but the transportability issue is real. This is why I would love to see an iPod Touch Maxi. Something with a bigger screen but the ability to still fit in ones pocket. As nice as iPad is it is bigger than what I imagined was coming and thus is frustrating.



    My iPod Touch is used only as an iPod at the gym. The rest of the time, it's on the coffee table in my family room as a quick device to look up stuff, play games, etc. The iPad will suit my needs absolutely perfectly.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikef View Post


    I disagree about multiple iPhone models... different storage capacities, yes, but same internals. It'd be easiest and best for everybody to be on even ground.



    My iPod Touch is used only as an iPod at the gym. The rest of the time, it's on the coffee table in my family room as a quick device to look up stuff, play games, etc. The iPad will suit my needs absolutely perfectly.



    There are things I would like to have on new touch: camera (taking still and video will be the best) and GPS. Not really care about other stuffs.



    Oh.. One more thing: Much Longer Battery Life!!!
  • Reply 7 of 19
    mikefmikef Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chinese_ys View Post


    There are things I would like to have on new touch: camera (taking still and video will be the best) and GPS. Not really care about other stuffs.



    Oh.. One more thing: Much Longer Battery Life!!!



    A GPS and much longer battery life would be all I'd want. Don't need another camera
  • Reply 8 of 19
    hcho321hcho321 Posts: 14member
    A GPS is not coming at all. Why would apple include this? Apple wants to differentiate the ipod touch and iphone. If they start including these features, then no one will really buy iphone over ipod touch.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hcho321 View Post


    A GPS is not coming at all. Why would apple include this? Apple wants to differentiate the ipod touch and iphone. If they start including these features, then no one will really buy iphone over ipod touch.



    Well, GPS is not the only hardware/software feature differentiate the touch and iphone. If someone wants a cell phone from apple, s/he will buy it not matter what feature it has (like the iPad ).



    I am just that kind of person do not care about the cell phone
  • Reply 10 of 19
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 12,719member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hcho321 View Post


    A GPS is not coming at all. Why would apple include this? Apple wants to differentiate the ipod touch and iphone. If they start including these features, then no one will really buy iphone over ipod touch.



    Every time I see this sort of statement I have to wonder if the writer ever finished grade school. People buy an iPhone because it is a cell phone, it is simple as that.



    As to GPS itself there are many good reasons for Apple to include it and frankly as many for them to exclude it. It doesn't however have to be in every model.





    Dave
  • Reply 11 of 19
    hcho321hcho321 Posts: 14member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post


    Every time I see this sort of statement I have to wonder if the writer ever finished grade school. People buy an iPhone because it is a cell phone, it is simple as that.



    As to GPS itself there are many good reasons for Apple to include it and frankly as many for them to exclude it. It doesn't however have to be in every model.





    Dave



    I love how always people so ignorant about other people who have different opinions... Just because I think this way that doesn't mean I am sooo wrong and you are sooo right.

    People buy an iphone because it is a cell phone? That's why you think... And that's not the only reason I bought this iphone. So please keep your opinion to yourself.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 12,719member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hcho321 View Post


    I love how always people so ignorant about other people who have different opinions... Just because I think this way that doesn't mean I am sooo wrong and you are sooo right.



    It isn't a question of being so right or wrong it is a question of defective thinking. Other than the fact that iPhone has GPS built in, it does not make it anymore or less a smart phone. The Touch never has and never will be a smart phone. Adding GPS does nothing to make the Touch competitive with the iPhone, that because the iPhone is a cell phone.



    This is an extremely important consideration, especially if Apple expands the Touch line up. They can go in a multitude of directions with Touch and many of those directions can make rational use of GPS. Even a gaming device could put GPS to good use.

    Quote:

    People buy an iphone because it is a cell phone? That's why you think... And that's not the only reason I bought this iphone. So please keep your opinion to yourself.



    the worst thing one can do in life is to shut up when faced with hostility that is unjustified. Being quite eliminates the possibility of a equitable resolution and enlightement of the offending party. In any event you proved my point, you purchased an iPhone because in part it us a cell phone. If you didn't need the smart phone capability you might have gone the Atouch route. The truth of my position fliws out of your own words.





    Dave
  • Reply 13 of 19
    I know the topic is iPod Touch, but when is next iPhone coming? Any idea. I am on 3G and looking to upgrade. I can go to 3GS, but I would rather skip and go to next gen., if it is just around the corner.

    -R
  • Reply 14 of 19
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 12,719member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by radster360 View Post


    I know the topic is iPod Touch, but when is next iPhone coming? Any idea. I am on 3G and looking to upgrade. I can go to 3GS, but I would rather skip and go to next gen., if it is just around the corner.

    -R



    The best guess would be after June. In any event what is the rush the new model ought to be a significant improvement over the current one. I'm also on 3G and frankly will milk it until the new model comes out. I suspect the replacement for the 3GS will be a significantly better performer all around.





    Dave
  • Reply 15 of 19
    earlryanearlryan Posts: 1member
    I saw in the Apple website that they are giving a free 8GB Ipod Touch for every purchase of a Mac with Apple education pricing.



    Here is what i saw on Apple website:



    "If you?re a college student or a faculty or staff member at any grade level and you buy a new Mac with Apple education pricing from May 25 through September 7, 2010, you can get a free 8GB iPod touch.* No wonder they call these the best years of your life."



    It is stated here that Apple will run the promo till September 7, 2010. And I've read somewhere that someone bought an Ipod touch on sale with a promo that ran till September 8, 2009. Then the next day, Sept. 9, 2009, the Ipod touch 3g was released. Do you think that the new Ipod Touch 4G will be released on September 8, 2010 or maybe a little bit later like on the 9th or 10th?



    What do you think?
  • Reply 16 of 19
    mikefmikef Posts: 697member
    I think a new iPod Touch will be released.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    GPS and a camera are what I would want in the touch.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    mikefmikef Posts: 697member
    I don't care about the camera, but the GPS would make me upgrade...
  • Reply 19 of 19
    I saw 4 GB ipod in Apple website. And I have 3GB apple ipod which is very good to use and fantastic look. It is very good to use for college student.
Sign In or Register to comment.