Finished!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I finished today. Handed in two boxed copies of my dissertation to the Dissertation Office. On the "approved" paper. With the correct forms. Signed by the right people.

Stick a fork in me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Congrats. What is it? Medical doctor or what? how many pages?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Medical Physics

111 pages. Not very long at all. I'm not one to BS for 200 pages like some other people I know.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    [quote]Stick a fork in me.<hr></blockquote>

Are you sure?

Congratulations on your paper finishing.

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Mac The Fork ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 15
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 5 of 15
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    Congratulations, Scott.

Be sure to celebrate.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Congrats, Scott! I hope to be there in a couple years. Maybe you should buy yourself a new mac with your first real paycheck?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Congratulations !

What sort of job do you want to have ?
  • Reply 8 of 15
    I'm looking at a post doc at Wisconsin. I'll know Friday. If not that then Michigan where the work is more (all) clinical. It depends on who offers how much for what kind of work.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>I'm looking at a post doc at Wisconsin. I'll know Friday. If not that then Michigan where the work is more (all) clinical. It depends on who offers how much for what kind of work.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's nice to have the choice. I hope for you that their propositions will be fine.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    I have another offer too. But they are not showing me enough love I could have gotten a job at Harvard but acted too slow. They hired three new people when I got around to contacting the person I know there
  • Reply 11 of 15
    FSCK!

Wisconsin gave the job to someone else. FSCK! Oh well the Michigan one pays a lot more.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    synsyn Posts: 329member
    Well, despite our differences, congratulations
  • Reply 13 of 15
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Anyone else think this thread is just a tad self-indulgent?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Well <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000596"; target="_blank">here's</a> your significant contribution to the board.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Cool, congratulations.