download torrent apps

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have never tried downloading using a torrent app but I think I want to try one. I looked at one (can't remember the name) last year but it looked too complicated and had some bad reviews so I dropped that idea. Anyone have any recommendations? Running Tiger on an intel iMac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    Just get a RapidShare account. Torrents are slow and frustrating.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Vuze is easy to get started ... but is a resource hog... noticeably slows down the computer.

Transmission is a much more efficient app, but it's default settings will monopolize your bandwidth (browsing during a download is noticeably slower.)

The Opera browser has a torrent client built into it, though I've not really used it much.

There are lots of others I'm not at all familiar with. The trick is just to pick one and figure it out ... then you can start trying others until you find one that fits your tastes.

[soapbox] and if you watch the whole movie (or listen to the song), you really ought to go buy a copy on disc or via download... commercial movies and songs obtained without paying the content owner is, well... stealing. [/soapbox]