NAB: Should We Expect Anything From Apple?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just as the title reads, should we expect any pro application updates or anything new at NAB next month?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    lugeelugee Posts: 17member
    I don't think they'll be anywhere near re-writing the Pro Apps until Oct time atleast. So woudn't expect anything thinng till late 2010 or 2011.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lugee View Post

I don't think they'll be anywhere near re-writing the Pro Apps until Oct time atleast. So woudn't expect anything thinng till late 2010 or 2011.

How embarrassing that we have been giving Adobe slack forever about not having a native, re-write of Intel/Cocoa native code and then CS5 will be the release to give that to us and it's less than a month away and Apple's most important software suite (Final Cut Studio) has yet to have a re-write.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

How embarrassing that we have been giving Adobe slack forever about not having a native, re-write of Intel/Cocoa native code and then CS5 will be the release to give that to us and it's less than a month away and Apple's most important software suite (Final Cut Studio) has yet to have a re-write.

Maybe the software team has been busy doing work on iPad software etc!!! Woudn't be superised whe Applie announce the new iLife suite they do versions for the iPad like the iWork.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lugee View Post

Maybe the software team has been busy doing work on iPad software etc!!! Woudn't be superised whe Applie announce the new iLife suite they do versions for the iPad like the iWork.

Apple has a few separate software teams, one dedicated to the iPhone OS and it's software for iPhone, iPod and iPad (at least the apps that come bundled on the OS) and then another software team dedicated to Mac OS X and then another one dedicated to pro apps and then even another one dedicated to consumer level apps. How do I know this? I use to work at Apple.

With all that being said, there is no reason for a delayed re-written version of Final Cut Studio. Or Logic for that matter, or has that already been re-written?

Remember, Apple is a large company, they have the people and the resources to get these updates out there in a timely fashion. If they do indeed debut iLife applications (even if piece by piece like they did for iWork) then the iPad will be huge but I don't know if I see that happening. Photos is already done. iDVD is pointless, as would iMovie since really you will not be putting DV video on the device to edit. iWeb would be kind of cool but really kind of useless unless it's only to sync to .Mac which not everyone has. GarageBand would be very friggin' cool only currently there is no audio input for soundboards or even guitar/mics so that would also be some what limiting, unless you are just making music via loops which would literally cut down the use of GargeBand for some people.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

Apple has a few separate software teams, one dedicated to the iPhone OS and it's software for iPhone, iPod and iPad (at least the apps that come bundled on the OS) and then another software team dedicated to Mac OS X and then another one dedicated to pro apps and then even another one dedicated to consumer level apps. How do I know this? I use to work at Apple.

With all that being said, there is no reason for a delayed re-written version of Final Cut Studio. Or Logic for that matter, or has that already been re-written?

Remember, Apple is a large company, they have the people and the resources to get these updates out there in a timely fashion. If they do indeed debut iLife applications (even if piece by piece like they did for iWork) then the iPad will be huge but I don't know if I see that happening. Photos is already done. iDVD is pointless, as would iMovie since really you will not be putting DV video on the device to edit. iWeb would be kind of cool but really kind of useless unless it's only to sync to .Mac which not everyone has. GarageBand would be very friggin' cool only currently there is no audio input for soundboards or even guitar/mics so that would also be some what limiting, unless you are just making music via loops which would literally cut down the use of GargeBand for some people.

Makes sense in what you say but as I work at a large corporation as well and I know especially when working on a large project (FCP and logic re-write will be) delays can happen and wouldn't be superised if programmers have to be borrowed to finish of products being immediately launched like the iPad.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Hmm, Logic went 64 bit in January !