Airport Extreme Wireless Printing

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Is there a way to print wirelessly with an "n" Airport Extreme without plugging the printer into the AE?s USB port? My goal is to be able to print from a laptop without having to hardwire connect to the network.

Current Setup:

Airport Extreme (n version)

?Server? - XP Pro Desktop PC with a HP multifunction LaserJet printer connected to one of its USB ports. The PC is Ethernet connected to the network with a 10.0.1.? IP address.

Laptops ? 2 Dell 600 series with XP Pro. One is a corporate LT which the corporation does not allow any employee software to be installed. Bonjure included. (The reason for this question.)

Background:

I purchased the new AE replacing a Linksys wireless router. With the Linksys I was able to print, share files/drives and remote into my Desktop PC, both wirelessly and Ethernet connected.

Now that I have the AE I am only able to print, share files/drives and remote into my PC when Ethernet connected, not wirelessly.

The Linksys had one IP address for each computer, wired or wireless 192.168.?.?. The AE seems to have a 10.0.?.? IP when wired and a 172.?.?.? IP when working wirelessly. Is there a way to connect/remote to a 10.0.?.? IP wired computer from a 172.?.?.? IP wireless computer so I may print?

I have search several sites and have not been able to find an answer. The only answers I have found address plugging the printer into the AE and installing Bonjure on the PC?s.

Thank you in advance