MBPro battery life

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a late 2008 MBP 2.66, and I just started using my wireless router and was doing some simple web surfing/ email, when I noticed my full battery was only good for a little over 3 hrs! What the F!? I usually have it plugged in, this is the first time I have been using it (for a long period of time) wirelessly. It is a refurb which I bought in Oct. Any idea if I should have the battery replaced?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hypoluxa View Post

I have a late 2008 MBP 2.66, and I just started using my wireless router and was doing some simple web surfing, when I noticed my full battery was only good for a little over 3 hrs! What the F!? I usually have it plugged in, this is the first time I have been using it wirelessly. It is a refurb which I bought in Oct. Any idea if I should have the battery replaced?

Hopefully you got AppleCare, simply bring it in and tell them the battery is dying fast, it's a refrub and something is wrong.

Hopefully it will be fixed at no cost to you.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

Hopefully you got AppleCare, simply bring it in and tell them the battery is dying fast, it's a refrub and something is wrong.

Hopefully it will be fixed at no cost to you.

Yeah it should be no problem, but I figured I'd post my issue here first to see if it was normal at all. This is my first laptop, and like I said I just turned on my wireless router this evening to do some surfing in my living room when I noticed the charge time. I even set my grafx card to the better battery life setting, and still it only gave me 3 hrs? I was surprised to say the least.