iLife 2010?

eclecl
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
There were predictions all over for an iLife 2010 announcement in January, and after the event... nothing. Anyone know what's up? I've been holding off on buying the old iLife family pack waiting for the new one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecl View Post

There were predictions all over for an iLife 2010 announcement in January, and after the event... nothing. ...

What leads you to believe that the people who told you that there would be an iLife 2010 announcement in January suddenly got smarter?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Actually, I thought the rumour was March. But that's now out the window as well.

Obviously the iPad is being hooked into iLife (or the other way around) and no iLife update will come before the Great Apple Store Tablet Rush of 2010.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I'm looking forward to the next iWork and iLife updates. Hopefully we begin to see the fruits of Snow Leopard's labor. I want more speed and fluidity more than more features at this point. If iDVD is dead then give me improved ways to publish content that would normally be on a DVD (multimedia content that is)

I'm guessing that an iWork update will come shortly after the iPad ships. iWork for iPad is probably in sync (file format, featurewise) with the next iWork update.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    astrosastros Posts: 2member
    I am wondering too - want to get mac box set, but holding off until after WWDC for now.

Can't find anything anywhere that gives a clue when the next ilfe set is out!

any ideas???
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Well I don't know more about it but as I heared that the suite already went through major upgrades last year and it may not even get an update this year. If it does and Blu-ray support is added then this is a very strong sign that Blu-ray will be coming to the Mac. You should still wait for some day when you really going to purchase it.