World's gone Wireless thread.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
FCC complaints.

The FCC was initially against the iPad because they thought it would be too much strain on the band with.

Wifi is bigger then ever now with even Denny's, Burger King, and McDonalds carrying it for free access. 3G is great for the iPad with its low at&t rates with no contract.

Wifi is better then USB.

Wifi/3G will currently set/disarm your home alarm, turn on/off your lights, universal remote your tv, dvd, and dvr system. And now I with a simple app you can print wireless right from your iPad to your printer.

For those who are complaining about the lack of USB, I am glad you are holding on to your cable.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    dayrobotdayrobot Posts: 133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RussellSakay View Post

For those who are complaining about the lack of USB, I am glad you are holding on to your cable.

[/snip]

No built-in USB out, right?

The 30-pin connector can probably take a homemade adapter if someone really wants USB.

It's been done with Linksys routers running OpenWRT AFAIK....

Those have a device-end USB port, and with a cheap USB extension cable + regular cable (soldering required), an adapter can be made. I think one of the guys released a patch/module to use the router as a file server when a flash drive is plugged in.

I'm sure that jailbroken iPads will start having useful "features" of their own. Being able to connect a scanner, or a CD burner, or even sync music with a iPod(!!!) would be a real treat for many

Dan