How can I transfer jpgs from PC onto iTouch?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
We are creating concepts for an iPhone app. We'd like to see how they look on an iTouch that I borrowed from a friend. I only have a PC, not a Mac (sorry!) . I noticed that they don't have an email account set up on the iTouch. How can I transfer jpg comps onto my friend's PC? Thanks for your help. Jim

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimHughes View Post

We are creating concepts for an iPhone app. We'd like to see how they look on an iTouch that I borrowed from a friend. I only have a PC, not a Mac (sorry!) . I noticed that they don't have an email account set up on the iTouch. How can I transfer jpg comps onto my friend's PC? Thanks for your help. Jim

Two ways to go about it:

The hard way:

iPod Touchs are synced to one computer, so when you hook it up to another computer it syncs to that one, erasing the data on the device.

If it's fine with your friend, as he/she can just re-sync from their computer and place everything back on it., then:

Download iTunes from Apple website and install it on the PC.

Hook up the iPod Touch to the PC with the connector cable (your friend should have one.)

In iTunes the iPod Touch will appear on the left side, click it and a row of tabs appear in the window, click on the photo tab and you can sync photo's to the device there.

After the progress bar is finished, hit the eject button next to the iPod Touch on the left, wait a bit and physically disconnect.

Then you should be able to access the photo's in the photo section of the iPod Touch.

iTunes has just been updated, so the other alternatives to accessing the iPod Touch likely have been broken and require a update.

iTunes reports the id number of the iPod Touch (and other devices) to Apple when accessing, it's really not designed to be used across different computers from different users. There is the disk mode, which allows one to use the iPod as a hard drive for extra storage, but the images, songs, media etc all have to be installed via iTunes to display on the screen.

or the easy method:

Send the photo's to your friend and have them place them on the iPod Touch instead.