PDF's IPhone & iPad

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
1a) How do you get pdf files onto the iPhone (besides emailing yourself)?

1b) is it different for the iPad?

2a) What would be the reasons to wait for the 3G iPad?

2b) if you are using primarily in the home (wifi) get it now or wait for 3G?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    snap33snap33 Posts: 5member
    So 147 views and no one knows how to get a pdf files to the iPhone or iPad without emailing yourself? I think with Kindle you can just drag files into folder... if it can't be done then iPad=FAIL as an e-Reader.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I use an app called "GoodReader". Drag and drop PDF files into iTunes and they sync to the app. Once there you can create nested folders to organize things however you want within the app.

I've got about 100 various pdf's on mine now... From simple one pagers... To several hundred page books... Some in color and with huge graphics. It handles them just fine.

I actually like it better than Apple's own iBooks app.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    ajayajay Posts: 117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

I use an app called "GoodReader". Drag and drop PDF files into iTunes and they sync to the app. Once there you can create nested folders to organize things however you want within the app.

I've got about 100 various pdf's on mine now... From simple one pagers... To several hundred page books... Some in color and with huge graphics. It handles them just fine.

I actually like it better than Apple's own iBooks app.

+1 for Good Reader. it's better than many other 3rd party file browsers-readers for pdf files. I have all the local bus schedules as pdfs on my iPod Touch.

I haven't tried how it handles other file formats.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Another vote for GoodReader. The interface isn't wonderful, but it fills the bill until Apple includes this feature, which I feel certain they will at some point.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SNap33 View Post

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

So there is no mobile "Finder" and no way to make folders you can put files in to on either? If so that is weak.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

So there is no mobile "Finder" and no way to make folders you can put files in to on either? If so that is weak.

It's not weak, it's just different.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Thanks folks, GoodReader worked perfect on iPhone!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

You can use iDisk (iDisk App) or Dropbox for cloud storage. On the iPhone/Touch they are apps that will give you access to the files you have stored in either location. (The iDisk App will store a preset amount of your latest accessed files. I do not know about Dropbox.) They iPhone/Touch will display any file type that Mail or any of its basic apps can display. PDF being one.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    There is a solution to this issue if you have iOS4 - see this blog post. You can load the iBooks application with PDF fiels via iTunes.

Chris