iPad Camera Connection Kit -- has anyone received one yet?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I thought these goodies were shipping, but when I placed my order, the estimated shipping date was 2-3 weeks, which it is still several days later. I called an Apple store and was told they haven't seen any yet either. Has anyone laid their hands on one of these kits yet? If so, how?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    wilwil Posts: 170member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I thought these goodies were shipping, but when I placed my order, the estimated shipping date was 2-3 weeks, which it is still several days later. I called an Apple store and was told they haven't seen any yet either. Has anyone laid their hands on one of these kits yet? If so, how?

I got mine today, unfortunately, I won't have any chance to try it until Tuesday at the very least.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Got it this morning. The box is tiny. The SD card adapter works as expected. The USB adapter works when I plugged in my iPhone: the Photos app opened and i could import the photos from my iPhone. It didn't look like I could do anything else with the iPhone, though.

I tried plugging in a keyboard. Got an error saying it could not supply enough power for the attached device. USB sticks could not be accessed. An unsupported device error came up. That was the extent of my testing so far
  • Reply 3 of 6
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    At least we known they exist. I was beginning to wonder. Did either of you order them along with your ipad pre orders?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Yes, same day.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Just got the shipping notice on mine. It's supposed to arrive on Tuesday.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I bought one this morning at the Lynnwood Apple Store. It was the last one they had on display.

My Sandisk 7 in 1 (or is 9 in 1) card reader draws too much power when using the USB connector to the iPad and won't work with it, which is disappointing as 2 of my cameras use CF cards. I haven't tried the SD connector yet.

I guess I'll check a few of the camera sites and see if anyone has found a card reader that works with it.