Apple store more crowded then ever

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Went to the APPLE store on fifth ave in NY on friday (5:30 p.m. EST) and literally had to wait fifteen minutes to enter the store, there was about fourty people on line.

The store was really crowded. I picked up what I needed and proceeded to the checkout lines. THERE WAS 5 LINES WITH APPROXIMATELY 15-20 PEOPLE ON EACH LINE!!!

After waiting 30 minutes I finally got checked out.

There was actually a line to go up the spiral staircase and get out of the store. It only took a minute, but wow what a crowd. There must have been a few hundred people in the store easily.

When I left the store the line to get in was longer then when I came.

Yes I realize this is their flagship store and this is NY, but I've been to this store several times and NEVER seen it this crowded.

BOTTOM LINE: If your planning a visit to the Genius Bar or to buy something allow plenty of time!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

Went to the APPLE store on fifth ave in NY on friday (5:30 p.m. EST) and literally had to wait fifteen minutes to enter the store, there was about fourty people on line.

The store was really crowded. I picked up what I needed and proceeded to the checkout lines. THERE WAS 5 LINES WITH APPROXIMATELY 15-20 PEOPLE ON EACH LINE!!!

After waiting 30 minutes I finally got checked out.

There was actually a line to go up the spiral staircase and get out of the store. It only took a minute, but wow what a crowd. There must have been a few hundred people in the store easily.

When I left the store the line to get in was longer then when I came.

Yes I realize this is their flagship store and this is NY, but I've been to this store several times and NEVER seen it this crowded.

BOTTOM LINE: If your planning a visit to the Genius Bar or to buy something allow plenty of time!!

I was in the Santa Monica one today and it was packed! There was a real buzz in the atmosphere too, with loads of people plaing on the iPads etc. There was a kids corner with an iMac struggling to play lego batman though. Not a good advert for it I must say as the frame-rate was rather pitiful.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Same here. Boca Town Center in Boca Raton, FL. I was able to get in to finally play with an iPad this Saturday, but the store was VERY packed.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    rindrind Posts: 66member
    Went to the Lennox mall location (GA) on Saturday and the place was packed.

Tried to play with an iPad but wasn't able to.

They had two tables and i think there was 6-8 on each.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Went back on Sunday to a different store in NYC and same result STORE WAS JAMMED. Whats going on???????????? Is it the preorders for the 3G IPAD??? I don't get it.