The best FREE(NON-DEMO) video capture download for Macs

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
PC's have a plethora of UNCONDITIONALLY FREE video capture downloads to use with their webcams..... what does Apple/Mac have?

Please help, I just can't find anything.

Thanks-

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jblongacre View Post

PC's have a plethora of UNCONDITIONALLY FREE video capture downloads to use with their webcams..... what does Apple/Mac have?

Please help, I just can't find anything.

Thanks-

What are "UNCONDITIONALLY FREE video capture downloads" – of what – and how are you supposed "to use [them] with webcams"?

Do we even want 'm...?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    I think I'm interpreting this correctly... Investigate the File menu in Quicktime in Apple's Snow Leopard.

It supports creating files from your webcam. It also allows screen casting and audio recording.

Does this answer the question?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R View Post

I think I'm interpreting this correctly... Investigate the File menu in Quicktime in Apple's Snow Leopard.

It supports creating files from your webcam. It also allows screen casting and audio recording.

Does this answer the question?

Aha! Thanks, 1337. So the question is: "What program can I use with my webcam (iSight) on a Mac?"

Well you can use deadsimple iRecord for recording your webcam/iSight to files, jblong. Or you can use iChat for video chatting with your friends through your webcam/iSight. Or you can goto Chatroulette.com to video chat with total strangers.

Etc. etc.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Aha! Thanks, 1337. So the question is: "What program can I use with my webcam (iSight) on a Mac?"

Well you can use deadsimple iRecord for recording your webcam/iSight to files, jblong. Or you can use iChat for video chatting with your friends through your webcam/iSight. Or you can goto Chatroulette.com to video chat with total strangers.

Etc. etc.

Chatroulette!!

Yeah def. go to chatroullette just be ready to see dudes doing some really perverse crap or people holding up cutouts of some cartoon face. I did have one interesting convo with some guy from S. Korea though.