Steve Jobs politely lays the smack down on Adobe: "Thoughts on Flash"

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

I thought he was pretty mature, and finally removes the veil of speculation and secrecy as to why Flash is not welcome to the iDevice party.

A very poignant hit:
Quote:

Flash is a cross platform development tool. It is not Adobe?s goal to help developers write the best iPhone, iPod and iPad apps. It is their goal to help developers write cross platform apps. And Adobe has been painfully slow to adopt enhancements to Apple?s platforms. For example, although Mac OS X has been shipping for almost 10 years now, Adobe just adopted it fully (Cocoa) two weeks ago when they shipped CS5. Adobe was the last major third party developer to fully adopt Mac OS X.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R View Post

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

I thought he was pretty mature, and finally removes the veil of speculation and secrecy as to why Flash is not welcome to the iDevice party.

A very poignant hit:

So very true. For all the bleating by Flash fanboys and by Adobe itself, Adobe has been clear and consistent. When opinion makers and customers complain about the lack of support for a new Apple technology, Adobe has always responded:

We do not do compatibility upgrades.

Microsoft is a model citizen by comparison.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    LOL. Seriously. I 100% believe Steve wrote this all himself. Without checking with PR. it is like an angry Facebook status update! Haha. I mean I agree with most of it but he gets kind of mean and snarky in spots where I definitely have a hunch PR would've wordsmithed a bit more.

And you know what, I think that's great. Wish more entities flew by the seat of their pants every now and then. Hey stuff gets done. Might get done wrong but hey it gets done. Apple gets stuff done. Like killing Flash. For better or worse we will see!

But I'm losing patience with Adobe myself now that I installed 10.1 gala release and full screen video simply freezes on my MBP i5.